Tuesday, August 5, 2008

What a strange morning

What a strange morning. At about six or so, I was sleeping and rather enjoying it; I can't remember the dream anymore, but I remember that it was one of those highly entertaining ones, with action, suspense, and some human interest thrown in.

It was cut short, however, by an awful scream and the sound of what sounded like the contents of our entire crockery cupboard crashing to the floor from a height. I don't even know how, but the next thing I knew was that I had swooshed out of bed and into the kitchen, with my wits hastily but rather well gathered.

And what do I see, but dad, standing in the middle of a mess! He was just standing there, all the spoons and forks and things were strewn across the kitchen floor, there were tea-leaves, dry and wet, on the counter, the floor, even at the other end of the room!! I asked him rather calmly if he'd managed to spill the tea, and as he turned I realized he'd dropped most of it onto himself! I convinced him that slipping and dropping tea were issues we could discuss at length after he'd figured out how badly the tea had burnt him!!

So there we were, with a nice long stretch of leg turning a very bright shade of red... while I cleaned up most of the mess, mom sat and healed the burn, so that by the time I strolled in to check on dad, I found that there was only one spot near the knee which was still red. Even before I could ask what he was doing waking me up with blood-curdling screams, I had been dispatched back to the kitchen to make some tea!!!

Then mom had to get ready to go to school, so she told me to continue healing dad, so I did, but after a few minutes it really hurt my hands, which is strange. Ultimately I decided that all dad needed was me to sleep beside him, and he'd be ok :D

I woke up after a nice hour and half, where I'd dreamt that someone was healing me and sure enough, my hands now felt fine again! I was just admiring how delightful I looked despite all the distressing activity of the morning, when dad started jumping around again, talking of nothing but breakfast... the upshot of it being that there was no bread, so shouldn't we get some!

Since it had started raining I told him I'd run down and get whatever it was that he wanted. And then I walked to the shop, with the rain really coming down like it meant business, and I splashed through as many puddles as I could find. And now that we've had cheesey-toast for breakfast, watched a random TV show, and sent the maid away, I think I shall go back to sleep for an hour or so!!

5 comments:

Ashish Surana said...

No Comments :P

Enjoy the sleep :D

heh? ok said...

hai hai. it's like a surreal painting.

Anonymous said...

i wish i still loved you :)

ninkita said...

@ashish.. :)
@sangee.. tell me abt it!!!
@anon.. glad you feel that way

Sim said...

hahahahahahaha..uncle is so damn cute!!!