Sunday, April 19, 2009

A smile, a yawn and much water under a bridge somewhere

It's so hot. A week ago it was so wonderfully pleasant I just couldn't believe it. And then I went off to two hot places, and in the meantime Delhi had become a very hot place indeed, in more ways than the weather would lead you to believe. Right now all is pleasant once again, simply cause I've realised that sometimes it's better to just shut the window and put on the AC.

A nice thought is that it's less than three weeks to my birthday. Ever since a much delayed part of the still held-up salary was transferred to my account, I have been spending as much of it as the perhaps-permanently-scarred-with-the-possibility-of-penury financial part of my being allows. In other words, I have been haunting the malls and other random shops, singling out the ones with the largest 'Sale' posters, and making it a point to buy something from the places that say '70% Off!' Just to soothe myself, you know. The first thing I bought was a phone, and very pleased I am with it. Yes, that was bought at a discount too. The other shady details of that transaction I can not, alas! share here.

While on the Birthday, I wonder if I should write about the last few birthdays and all the mixed up feelings that come up if I bother to even randomly sit back in a comfortable chair and say, for example, "21" or "24" or some such. Not this time, I think. Maybe I shall write a B'day post on it, and now that I think about it, it would actually be quite entertaining to write about all that stuff. It's a thought anyhow.

Actually, it may just be that I am sleepy, but I find that I cannot stop myself from mentioning just one small little thing that ought to find a place in the possible-B'day-post. No details at the moment, but I bought myself something from Lush, and that just helped blow a little bubble that had wanted to float about for so long, but couldn't. Its a very pretty sight when loose ends are tied, even if it is mostly in your own head, and the way bubbles make the light refract is rather pretty too.

3 comments:

heh? ok said...

Jealousy...lust...sloth (and you get my drift. i'm trying to go cardinal on you. i mean phone+lush+ac??? really?)

Sim said...

ok, so i agree with two of sangy's..new phone and lush...sigh...

ninkita said...

@both.. you know what i had to go through for them, right??? :P