Friday, June 13, 2014

Things I Love About Summer-1

For so many years, summer meant two months of vacation - no school, no homework, just a lot of time to play, read, dream and have copious amounts of lemonade. Not much has changed. Of course, I can now take time off from work any time I like, but vacations during summer are still special. To uphold the fine tradition of Summer Vacations, I make it a point to go places where I can read, dream and have copious amounts of lemonade, uninterrupted by mundane matters.

Last May and June, I visited Shimla, Ajmer, Pushkar, Goa and Shillong.












Summer rain in Shimla                                                                                       


                                                                                  Goa

This year, so far, I've been to Ladakh and Lansdowne.



                                                                                              Ladakh
   Lansdowne 

This is me being a regular tourist. It's what regular tourists do, visiting mountains in summer. I am also skilled at being a regular tourist visiting the seaside, but more on that later, perhaps. 

No comments: