Friday, March 7, 2008

Diary

07/03/08: I am feeling unsettled this morning. This is a strange way for me to feel right now, because my room is looking beautiful, the little plant on the desk is flourishing, and even the toys in the room look pleased with themselves.

08/03/08: (morning) I am feeling mildly irritated, which may have something to do with people.

(afternoon) I feel sick!!!!!!!

(evening) After basking in the warmth of mommy, I feel much restored, though still rather under the weather.

(later evening) On our way to mom's colleague's daughter's sangeet (the highlight of which was to be an item number by some of the teachers of the junior school; the rumors of daring clothes added some interest as well.. mom would only darkly hint at 'backless and topless' tailoring) the cab stalls on a lonely, deserted stretch of road. No streetlights. Five minutes later, we are on our way again, the driver having done some fiddling with wires.

(ten minutes later) Cab stalls once again, this time on a well lit, rather busy stretch of road. To be more precise, the driver brings it to a smooth halt at the side of the road and proceeds to tinker under the hood. He says "In-Jun sarak gaya hai ji'. We are twiddling our thumbs for over half an hour. Mom gets fed up and we tell the guy to drive us home pronto.

So much for car not working properly... we experience a smooth drive back home, which takes us about fifteen minutes.

(a couple of hours later) After dinner, in the process of doing something slightly silly which left me a little sadder and a little wiser, I filled another page of the sketchbook with a lot of crayon. I am now tired, so I will sleep over it, and assimilate the wisdom which I've been trying to understand in various forms the last few days.

7 comments:

The Winter Rains said...

a good homing tale...but a sad one too!! i guess u weren't exactly in the mood to go anyways eh? the 'sadder' is evident frm the anecdote....but 'wiser'...let us have some detailin of this bit shall we??

ninkita said...

I was a bit sad yesterday... but today all is well, and it was a matter of perspective really. I'll fill you in on the 'wiser' bit by and by ;)

The Winter Rains said...

hmmmm....one of those days i'd say......

take ur time with the latter!!!!!!!!

crackfire said...

" Comment aa gaya hai ji "

Write more of these gripping diary enteries :P

ninkita said...

@mindy.. hehe.. o well, a little up, a little down..

@crackfire.. :)

The New Age Superhero said...

yep thats very much u

ninkita said...

me.. it took me long enough to get here!