Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Etc..

Classic hai na!!

I was feeling unsettled today, so I wasn't up to posting anything deep/ meaningful/ marginally longer. The next post will, I suspect, be the tag about GHM(you'll know what that is when it's up... or when you check out Sangee's blog, whichever is sooner).

However, I've been thinking of how sad it is that I don't let myself post some rather amusing pictures that I've taken over the last year. Every time I go to Bombay, I keep going back there and taking another few. There happens to be this amazing lingerie shop.. 'Glorious'...

Ignore the fact that the shop is nothing fancier than a stall in a tiny by-lane; they actually manage to provide a trial room/stall/box. And more importantly, they have the most horrifyingly fascinating displays. Or maybe they just have a special 'something' that makes them catch my eye, ignoring the scores of other (possibly) equally hideous displays slugging it out for my horrified (but undivided) attention. I have still not been able to forget the black-leather-glove-and-string concoction.. I almost regret not having photographed that!! But there are so many more, each worse than the last... even the wire-and-feather... or the glitzy electric blue thing... The most striking thing of course, is that since they continue to display this kind of stunning 'creation', it probably means that someone actually buys some of this stuff... I wouldn't have believed it possible.. I always thought it was humanly impossible to even try to don one of those things(specially the ones with all the string and ribbon... you'd get entangled faster than you'd know, and then what would happen to all those plans, eh?) but apparently one of my resourceful friends overheard a conversation between shady-man and his girlfriend (we presume) where he actually asked her to find out how much one of those would cost!!!! Erm...

7 comments:

Sim said...

1. kya photo hai
2. yeh yakenan wohi dukan hai jisske samne hum khade hokar 'blink blink' gaye the
3. did we also shop there?
4. did ps over hear that conversation?
5. hehehehehehe....fun time that was!
6. more random posts like this please!

Anil P said...

Rarely seen jeeps decorated though.

ninkita said...

@sim.. haan, wohi dukaan hai.. :D

@Anil.. this was outside charni rd station :)

slightly unrelated, but i was rather sad when i realised how the dilli autorickshaws are ignored by the great motor-artists.. i mean.. trucks are beautifully turned out, ricks are fancified, but autos are ignored!!!

crackfire said...

A pic doesn't do justice to such a BEAUTIFUL shop, please post a video :P

All I have are beautiful landscaps no shady stuff :(

The Unpaid Analyst said...

somehow looking at that jeep makes me queasy!! call me weird..but i think given an option of never settling down or driving to my wedding in that jeep. I think i'd rather stay single for the rest of my life.. :D

ninkita said...

@cf.. oh, just take a walk in bandra.. :P

@nikhil.. yaar.. i always say.. mercedes! mercedes!

The Winter Rains said...

abhi mein kya boloo!!! hideous kinky!!!