Sunday, February 4, 2007

A-moo-sing events

Ok, I confess, its a bad pun up there in the title of the post... and yet, I was dying to write this post just so that I could treat everyone to the bad pun... public spirited, ain't I?

There are several technical problems one is faced with when writing. For one, there are these awful puns that tempt you All The Time!! If you manage to deal with them, there are issues of nomenclature, such as: what in the world are those things that I want to talk about called?? Cows?Bulls?Buffaloes?None of the above? Kind readers, you will, I hope, be itching to enlighten me on the point ... I eagerly await your comments!! :P

Ah, so where was I? Oh yes.. in the car, on my way back home! 'Part 1' happened while we'd parked outside this sidey shopping place near home which seems to be perpetually under construction, and is hence well supplied with lots and lots and lots of dirt. Picturesquely poised in the middle of the mud-pit was a happy looking cow/bull/buffalo. It looked as though mom would take some time, so I fished out the veggie burger I'd stashed in my bag, and merrily started chomping on it.

What happened next? A puppy.. jaunty little munchkin it was.. and of course I was seized with the desire to share my food with the prancing puplet. However, by the time I rolled the window down, it had jumped over a dirt-dune and disappeared. I sighed and continued chomping.

Idly surveying the sights, I happened to see a happy looking cow/bull/buffalo meandering my way. Now, as a rule, these guys(another bad pun!!!!!) ignore me and only deign to notice us when my brother is around(sigh). This one however, clearly had better 'taste' than most. (yeah, I'm going overboard with the bad puns now!!)

Next thing I knew ... it was drooling all over the window-pane even as I rolled the thing up! left nice streaks of dirt mixed with stuff-I'd-rather-not-speculate-about. And then it walked away. Yeah, it wasn't even a very long story.

Then there is 'part2' , which was even shorter! Again, in the car on the way home. It happened really fast, and I barely had time to take in that it actually happened! So, there was another of these c/b/b chewing dirt at the side of some road, and a dog poking around near one of its forelegs. Even as I noted this fact almost absentmindedly, the c/b/b lifted one of its hind legs and smartly kicked the dog on the backside!!!!!! Last thing I saw was the dog squeaking in protest and running away sideways.

So, thats all folks, except that I also had one of those flashes of insight while I was typing out the whole c/b/b bit... I know stuff for such a short time its not funny! I lose what I know inside my own head!!! I mean... when I was a kid, we had various varieties of these afore mentioned c/b/bs in practically every house on the street where we lived! And now, ten years after we left that-a-place, its vanished from the brain like it never was there!

17 comments:

The New Age Superhero said...

yesssss.. thou hav arrived and in a brilliant form! ths was wonderful.. it was nice n funny! :)

i wish i had this kinda observation.. whn the car stops over smwhere my eyes go in search of hot chicks or good food joints or cell fone screen 4 SMS/games n other on-the-go entertainment :P.. from now on i'l start lookin at cows/bulls/buffs/dogs/sheep/hens/rodents/pests n all such lively sightings :)... thank u nin 4 helpin me open my eyes :)

Anonymous said...

yaar am speechless, utterly completely speechless!!!
waise was part one when i happened to call u??coz i remember vagely u trying to tell me something abt cute puppies when i was deep in my sorrows?
keep up the work of entertaining us and hope to see more of you this time around cause i love ur blog the best!

heh? ok said...

hmm, suk, why am i not surprised... anyway, cows are ok, from far away. and, in another vein, what's going on? help meeeeee!!!

Unknown said...

heheheh..ma insightful Ankster.. i love u for writing a blog abt what u insist on ref to as c/b/b..
u know they are rather discernable.. cows are smaller in structure ..usually prettier with calmer eyes generally.. bulls are their larger, male counterpart..lol..i was gonna use the word 'husbands'..sheesh.. anyway buffallos are also larger than cows and can be female hence different from bulls. phew now that was a lot of bull crap..don't be cowed down by it..heehee..keep up the brill work..muah.

n.g. said...

just a couple of days ago i was headed to work and suddenly this auto ahead of me braked hard and i almost rammed into him. before i could get out to pummel etc, i saw this real small frail puppy emerge nonchalantly from ahead of the auto, merrily scampering towards the other side, completely oblivious to what he had caused and the fact that he couldve as easily be run over. the rickshaw driver just shrugged at me and well, i couldnt pummel him after that, could i.

The Unpaid Analyst said...

lovely post...i never notice c/b/b's while driving and to think abt it, i have never seen a c/b/b in bombay.

Anonymous said...

to r r .....hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe.......
antk:funny how people carrying conversations in your blog!!!!

Anonymous said...

ur puns wrnt all tht bad, u kno!:P
im so glad ure back! i miss 'is this the world then', though!

ninkita said...

@suk.. hehe.. thanks!as for your powers of observation, well, stick around, and you'll just keep improving! have to tell you abt some verrrrrrry amusing things i notice all the time! :P

@sim.. :) you speechless? nono, but you know, i am so happy you comment on this thing that soon, very soon, i shall write something for you alone!

@sangee..aww, its ok now isnt it.. and see how far you've progressed with dogs... now we shall convert you to cows and sheep and other livestock!

@reej.. :) blush blush!! thanky!! okie, i shall now make sure i notice all these finer details... y'know i have that cow on top of the comp? i would ask it for further details, if only it would do something besides mooing when we poke its tummy!

@n.g. .. right you are! y'know, sometimes i feel puppies are put here just to melt us and remind us that we have soft feelings inside us.. sigh! i'm going melty at the sight of anything baby-like these days including pups and monkeylets... something in the air i suppose :s

@niks.. :) hmm.. i dont remember many animals of any description at all in bbay!!

@sim again.. hehe.. i know!

@pari.. heyyyyyyy!!!!!!! thankyou kind miss! in a few yrs i shall be commited in an institution and then i shall look out of the bars and say 'wow, is this the world, then?' ... thats what sangee says anyway!

The New Age Superhero said...

yes yes yes.. all ears! :)

The New Age Superhero said...

oye.. recall we saw hens n loadsa hens outside ur building at mumbai? bas na.. itna murgi log ko dekha aur bhul gayi :S

Anonymous said...

@suk murgi!!!!!!! main usse kha longi!!!!!
oye hehehehehehe....pata hai pata hai...am so excited abt the potential blog dedicated to me!!! heheheheheh...yiyeeee!!!!!
oh but please haan it better not be titled 'betrayal' or something ok i think i have enough sad blogs dedicated to me!!

The New Age Superhero said...

hehe.. i luv murgis too :)

The New Age Superhero said...

n their produce too :)

ninkita said...

@suk... yeah i'd forgotten the hens and cocks ... and the cats!!!
and we know you love the produce, egg-man!!
@sim.. hehe..:)

n.g. said...

so basically what ur saying is that guru is ACTUALLY about the mrs rather than the mr? matlab aishwarya rai is the guru?? shit, mani sir sure had me fooled.

Anonymous said...

Well said.