Friday, February 23, 2007

Today

It was such a strange day.

I woke up upset.. I dreamt that I was upset with someone I love a lot, you see. And though I managed to shoo away that feeling, somewhere, it still troubled me.

I got dressed, and then about thirty seconds before I had to leave, I decided to change into a plain white shirt instead of the bright, warm red one I had originally worn. I kept my red shoes, though.

I turned on the radio in the bus and by the time I reached college, I was quite happy, satisfied with the fact that there was good music early in the morning, and that the sun was shining so brightly.

I was happy also because of those red shoes, which are rather cute. So I messaged some of my friends to share that feeling. One of them, however, managed to upset me through the feeling I got from the reply.. the wording was innocuous, you see.

Anyhow, more music and thinking about the load of work that I simply Had to do that morning put that feeling away as well. Entering the library, I kept the headphones on, and got down to the days work. There was a lot of that, and before I knew it I was through with one whole book.. then another. By One o'clock, I was feeling marginally better about the whole work situation, though I know It will only get more stressful over the next two weeks.

The music only stopped when a friend came over to my Univ. and I was so happy to see her, I chucked my latest primary source* and we went out for lunch.

The next two hours or so, I enjoyed myself thoroughly, because that's what happens when you are with someone like her. We also had Ice-creams! :)

Then, on the way home we picked up sis-in-law-to-be, and all was still well, though the drive was unusually long, and when I got home I was tired.

I lost my temper just a little bit, once again, when I saw that the stuff on my desk had been messed with. Not much, though.

We went over and met nani and nanu, but halfway through that, I just got very tired and for want of a better word, disenchanted. At least, that is what I suppose it was, because I slammed the phone down for no real reason twice when my best friend called, and then out of courtesy waited for her to slam it on me the third time.

About twenty minutes after that, we left, and I tried to call her because I had a sudden urge to apologise. It's not as though having a fight with her is not good fun, it's just that suddenly, I didn't want to do that anymore.

Then mom and dad went off for a wedding, and I had dinner and all through, I couldn't get rid of that weird feeling. So here it is, i thought if I wrote it out, I'd feel better. Let's see.




*Abul Fazl's Ain-i-Akbari, for anyone who is interested in these finer details..

12 comments:

raghu said...

nice post.. abou you.. hehe.. genour use of 'I'
we all need it na?

raghu said...

*generous

The New Age Superhero said...

mein tension mein hai ab.. i recall all the messgs sent.. n i think i kno wat bugged u.. sorry :s

wat a day.. everyone except the "smartmouth" S - were pissed of on someone or the other yestrday :S

heh? ok said...

i will make up for yesterday..as of now i'm pissed off. anybody, everybody. anything. everything. god, i can't even pretend. no, i'm not pissed off, but i'm trying. and yes, disenchantment niggles annoyingly..hug.

The New Age Superhero said...

sangy, anky, sim, peri.. saala.. tum log hugs n kisses blogs ke comment page pe bhi chalta hai yaar! kitna pyaar hai tumahara ek doosre ke liye! :P

ninkita said...

@raghu.. yeah.. everything else seems to be out of control, so it Has to be about Me! :)

@suk.. yaar.. it wasn't what you think it was.. it wasnt what you said, it was the feeling i got from it. overactive imagination maybe.. and its a damn good thing at least someone was sane!!

@sangee.. :) hehehe.. hug you back!

@suk again.. tereko bura laga?? oho.. PDA year hai yeh.. or BDA year.. (bloggy display of affection):P
aaaaaaaah...... me tubelight.. seedha seedha bol na, tereko bhi huggy chahiye :P

Anonymous said...

yeyeee....i knew i could always count on me to make you happy! :D
aur shaam ko tereko aur mereko same type syndrome kyun kaise hua????
but yes the ice cream helped a lot...thankee[:D]
n i love u n huggy n kissy...im glad the deal hasnt been brokered yet! ;)

The New Age Superhero said...

haan! mereko bhi hugs n kisses mangtaa hai :P.. i feel all left out :)

Anonymous said...

oh my god!!!!
am such an ass...ohh please everybody is generously invited to kick my rear!!!
i didnot read ur this blog!!!!
and read ur other one instead,the next one that is and i just saw this one!!!!!
:( :( :( :(
no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!please dont be sad, i like having the phone slammed on me, you know u said once its nice that we fight cause then it keeps the momentum going!! think of it like that!
:'(

Anonymous said...

hmmm...now that i am thinking better!
u are so stoopid!!!!!!!dumbo!!!!

@ suk...yeah yeah beg beg we will not give u any hugs and kisses! we wil deprieve you of them and u will die of hug/kiss starvation!

Anonymous said...

u called me ur best friend!!!!
tee heee...u mine too!!!

The New Age Superhero said...

sim.. kya re.. aisa kyon karta tu? tu mereko hugs aur kisses se kyon deprive karta?