Saturday, September 8, 2007

Koi Kaaran Hoga

It's one of those things. I appreciate lots of 'finer feelings' and 'understand' what people must be 'going through' and am generally sensitive to the small-print-emotions. But I always have had this sneaking suspicion that there isn't much of that going around. How else do I account for the remarkable lack of it when I need some?

As a matter of fact, it seems as though there's a little too much in me, because of which, for my own mental and emotional well-being, I steer clear of most emotionally charged, moving, or otherwise thought-provokingly 'Deep' books. Sometimes, this irritates me no end, cause, well, I like reading good books!! But I found early on that I couldn't handle too much excess emotion... Wuthering Heights, much as I loved the book, would invariably depress me for a week.. Hence it had to be put in the skull and crossbones section of the mental catalogue.

Of course, some might put it down to nothing more serious than me being essentially moody; while that may be true, it removes some of the romance of being emotionally sensitive. As a matter of fact, I whiled away a whole minute taking an online test to estimate whether or not I might be a Highly Sensitive Person(HSP), and surprise, surprise!!! I scored high enough!

But coming back to where I started rambling from.. It sometimes gets very upsetting when I realise that however well I manage to analyse a situation and however well I might be able to gauge another person's reactions and feelings, and however much I might open up to a person, they just don't seem to get me.

5 comments:

The New Age Superhero said...

mebbe some intend to play plain ignorant and mebbe sometimes ppl dont really expect and dont wanna accept and hence they decide 2 play ignorant or indifferent towards it.. dunno

heh? ok said...

hai hai...why expect to be gotten in the first place? enjoy the mystique value of it.

AmitL said...

Hi,Ninkita..yes,Koi Karan hoga..:)But,you needn't worry-being sensitive is a positive trait..the fun of life is observing human-kind.:)

Anonymous said...

i have realised that people are more often than not too involved with their lives and too self centric to really even try to put an effort into understanding another. and i am also one of those...no matter how much i try i just can't seem to be otherwise...its a generalhuman trait and very few people are not like that...

ninkita said...

@suk.. i dunno either
@sangee.. ah, the mystique value.. wish i knew more abt that!!
@amitl.. yes, and i am happy again, lately
@anon.. you are probably right, whoever you are, kind reader